- Project Type: SYOP - Replace old equipment with new EE motors, pumps and compressors. Includes upgrading chilling system, lighting and other electrical.
- Industry: Winery
- Funding Need: $125,000
- Year Established: 1983
- Annual Production: 120,000 cases
- Time needed for work to be completed: 6 months
- Repayment of Loan Term: 5 years
- Utility Company or ESCO: Mondre Energy
Stitches has engaged Mondre Energy to do the work based on an energy audit completed by Antea Group. The work focuses on improving the efficiency of the equipment used to run the winery during all phases of the wine making process. Our winery is 40 years old, and some of our equipment has been here since day one. Technology enables us to realize significant savings, and we expect even better wine as a result.
The project scope includes:
- Replacement of all none EE or Energy Star equipment and installation of an energy management system to enable real time oversight and control over energy use.
- Percent of energy use reduction: 55%
Located in the historic Virginia countryside, just an hour from Washington DC, Stitches Norton Winery is dedicated to reintroducing the Norton grape to global wine drinkers. The wines made from Norton won awards in Europe in 1873 during the Vienna Universal Exhibition, but were mostly lost due to prohibition.
100% Norton - Barrel aged for two years before bottling. Will improve with age.
50/50 - Norton and Cabernet blend. Our biggest wine, earthy, full bodied, and warming.
Stitches Five - a blend of Norton, Cabernet Franc, Pinot, Cabernet Savignon and Merlot - A big, complex red.
100% Norton Blush - we don't let the wine sit on the skins for long, just enough to give this rose and crisp, fruity and complex finish.