- Project Type: SYOP Water Management system and Solar Panels
- Industry: Microbrewery
- Funding Need: $100,000
- Year Established: 2003
- Brewhouse size: 25 bbl
- Time needed for work to be completed: 6 months
- Repayment of Loan Term: 5 years
- Utility Company or ESCO: PSEG
Maplewood Brewery will work with PSEG on the performance contract that will enable the brewery to repay lenders from realized savings on their utility bills. The comprehensive energy audit identified many opportunities for savings.
The project scope includes:
- Comprehensive weatherization and equipment upgrade, including pumps, motors, burners, compressors and HVAC
- Bottling line upgrade - EE equipment with automated management and control
- Energy Cost Reduction: 55%
- Percent of energy use reduction: 65%
We are a 10,000 bbl Microbrewery striving to lower our carbon footprint and reduce our greenhouse gas emissions. Founded in 2003, we are growing each year, and plan on adding another fermenter and bright tank in the fall. Our team of 15 is dedicated to producing only the best ales, with the least negative impact on our environment. Our beers are certified Organic, and are not filtered or pasteurized, so they can only be found in the NY metro area (for now). Located near the Newark/Irvington/Maplewood border, the brewery provides spent grain, hops and yeast to the local urban farm, and has an apprenticeship program with the local adult center.