- Project Type: SYOP Water Management system and Equipment upgrades
- Industry: Distillery
- Funding Need: $70,000
- Year Established: 1991
- Annual Production: 25,000 cases
- Time needed for work to be completed: 6 months
- Repayment of Loan Term: 3 years
- Utility Company or ESCO: Ameresco
The BackStreet Distillery engaged Antea Group, energy efficiency consultants (www.us.antea.com) and identified opportunities for the distillery to reduce production costs by upgrading to energy efficient equipment and new water management systems.
The project scope includes:
- HVAC upgrade
- Water Management - supply and waste water control and management system
- Weatherization to the building and upgrading of motors, pumps and compressors
- Energy Cost Reduction: 45%
- Water Use reduction: 50%
BackStreet Distillery has been producing world class bourbon since 1975. We are a family owned company, located just outside Lexington, and employ a small team to hand bottle and package our products. Our bourbons are available in the finest liquor stores and bars in the great state of Kentucky. Come on by for a tour and a tasting!